Terms and Conditions
These terms of service (“terms”) govern your use of https://scanxscout.com/ (the “site”), and the services offered via the site (the “service”). By accessing the site and the service, you accept and agree to be bound and abide by these terms of service. If you register for the free plan of our service, these terms will also govern that free plan.
Last revision: January 14, 2019
1. ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
ScanScout, LLC. (“ScanScout,” “We” or ”Our”) provides its Service (as defined below) to You through its web site located at https://scanxscout.com/ (the “Site”), subject to these Terms.
- 1.1 By accepting these Terms, or by accessing or using the Service or Site, You represent and acknowledge that You have read, understood, and agree to be bound by these Terms, and that the information You provide in registering to the Service is accurate, complete, and is Yours or within Your right to use. If You are entering into these Terms on behalf of a company or another legal entity, You represent that You have the authority to bind such entity and its affiliates to these Terms, in which case the terms “You,” “Your” or related capitalized terms herein shall refer to such entity and its affiliates. If You do not have such authority, or if You do not agree with these Terms, You must not accept these Terms and may not use the Service.
- 1.2 You acknowledge that these Terms constitute a contract between You and ScanScout, even though it is electronic and is not physically signed by You and ScanScout, and that these Terms govern Your use of the Service and supersede any other agreements between You and ScanScout.
- 1.3 You acknowledge that these Terms constitute a contract between You and ScanScout, even though it is electronic and is not physically signed by You and ScanScout, and that these Terms govern Your use of the Service and supersede any other agreements between You and ScanScout.
- 1.4 These Terms of Service may be updated by us in our sole discretion from time to time without notice to you. You agree that your continued use of the Service after such update will constitute your acceptance of and agreement to be bound by the updated Terms.
2. DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES
The “Service” includes (a) the Site, (b) the ScanScout software, tools and ScanScout API, and (c) the other services provided to You through the Site based on the plan purchased, including all software, data, text, images, sounds, videos, and other content made available through the Site, or developed via the ScanScout API (collectively, “Content”). Any new features added to or augmenting the Service are also subject to these Terms.
The Service may also include basic or expanded support based on the Service plan purchased. ScanScout does its very best to make the Service available as detailed in the applicable Service plan, except for: (a) planned downtime (of which You will be notified in advance), or (b) any unavailability caused by circumstances beyond Our reasonable control, such as, but not limited to, acts of God, acts of government, acts of terror or civil unrest, or technical failures beyond Our control.
3. GENERAL CONDITIONS/ACCESS AND USE OF THE SERVICE
- 3.1 Subject to the terms and conditions of these Terms, You agree to access and use the Service only for Your internal business purposes as contemplated by these Terms. Subject only to Your limited right to access and use the Service as expressly granted to You here, all rights, title and interest in and to the Service and its components, including all related intellectual property rights, will remain with and belong exclusively to ScanScout and its third-party vendors.
- 3.2 You agree not to (a) license, sublicense, sell, resell, rent, lease, transfer, assign, distribute, time share or otherwise commercially exploit or make the Service available to any third party, other than as expressly permitted by these Terms; (b) use the Service to process data on behalf of any third party, (c) modify, adapt or hack the Service to falsely imply any sponsorship or association with ScanScout, or otherwise attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Service or its related systems or networks; (d) use the Service in any unlawful manner, including but not limited to violation of any persons privacy rights, infringing any person’s intellectual property rights, or sending spam or otherwise duplicative or unsolicited messages in violation of applicable law, (e) use the Service in any manner that interferes with or disrupts the integrity or performance of the Service and its components; (f) attempt to decipher, decompile, reverse engineer or otherwise discover the source code of any software making up the Service, (g) use the Service to knowingly post, upload, link to, send or store any content that is unlawful, racist, hateful, obscene, discriminatory, or contains any viruses, malware, Trojan horses, time bombs, or any other similar harmful software, or (h) try to use, or use the Service in violation of these Terms.
- 3.3 You acknowledge and agree that the ScanScout Service and any necessary software used in connection with the Service contain proprietary and confidential information that is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws. Except as expressly authorized by ScanScout, you agree not to modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute or create derivative works based on the Service, in whole or in part. You acknowledge and agree that you will not (and will not allow any third party to) copy, modify, create a derivative work from, reverse engineer, reverse assemble or otherwise attempt to discover any source code, sell, assign, sublicense, grant a security interest in or otherwise transfer any right in the ScanScout Service and Software. You agree not to access the Service by any means other than through the interface that is provided by ScanScout for use in accessing the Service. All text, graphics, user interfaces, visual interfaces, photographs, trademarks, logos, sounds, music, artwork and computer code (collectively, “Content”), including but not limited to the design, structure, selection, coordination, expression, “look and feel” and arrangement of such Content, contained on the Site is owned, controlled or licensed by or to ScanScout, and is protected by trade dress, copyright, patent and trademark laws, and various other intellectual property rights and unfair competition laws.
- 3.4 You are responsible for all information, data, text, messages or other materials that You post or is otherwise transmitted via the Service. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of Your login and account, and are fully responsible for any and all activities that occur under Your login or account.
- 3.5 ScanScout’s failure to enforce at any time any provision of these Terms does not constitute a waiver of that provision or of any other provision of these Terms.
4. DATA PRIVACY AND SECURITY
- 4.1 In providing You the Service We shall maintain appropriate administrative, physical and technical safeguards to protect the security, confidentiality and integrity of Your data. These safeguards include encryption of Your data in transmission (using SSL or similar technologies), except for certain external third party integrations that do not support encryption, which You may link to the Service at Your choice.
5. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
Each of us shall maintain all rights, title and interest in and to all our respective patents, inventions, copyrights, trademarks, domain names, trade secrets, know-how and any other intellectual property and/or proprietary rights (collectively, “Intellectual Property Rights”). The rights granted to You to use the Service under these Terms do not convey any additional rights in the Service, or in any Intellectual Property Rights associated therewith. ScanScout shall have a royalty-free, worldwide, transferable, sub-licensable, irrevocable and perpetual license to incorporate into the Service or otherwise use any suggestions, enhancement requests, recommendations or other feedback We receive from You. ScanScout ®, and ScanScout’s other product and service names, and logos used or displayed on the Service are registered or unregistered trademarks of ScanScout (collectively, “Marks”), and You may only use such Marks to identify yourself as a customer and user of the Service; provided You do not attempt, now or in the future, to claim any rights in the Marks, degrade the distinctiveness of the Marks, or use the Marks to disparage or misrepresent ScanScout, its services or products.
6. THIRD PARTY SERVICES
- 6.1 External Sites. The Service may contain links to, or otherwise may allow You to connect to and use certain marketplaces, third party products, services or software under separate terms and conditions (collectively, “Other Services”) in conjunction with Our Service. If You decide to access and use such Other Services, be advised that Your use is governed solely by the terms and conditions of such Other Services, and We do not endorse, are not responsible for, and make no representations as to such Other Services, their content or the manner in which they handle Your data. ScanScout is not liable for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with Your access or use of any such Other Services, or Your reliance on the privacy practices or other policies of such Other Services.
- 6.2 Integration. The Service may contain features that enable various Other Services (such as social media services like Facebook and Twitter) to be directly integrated into your ScanScout experience. To take advantage of these features, You will be required to register for or log into such Other Services on their respective websites. By enabling third party services within the Service, You are allowing ScanScout to pass Your log-in information to these Other Services for this purpose.
- 6.3 Third-Party Feeds/API’s. ScanScout uses third-party feeds and API’s to send and receive information on Your behalf. It is not uncommon for API’s to experience slowdowns and cause delays in processing. Under no circumstances will ScanScout be held responsible for any issues or delays caused by third-party feeds or API’s.
7. BILLING, PLAN MODIFICATIONS AND PAYMENTS
- 7.1 Billing and Payments. The Service is made available on a pay-as-you-go basis and is charged at the start of Your elected subscription term (generally monthly). If You do not provide Your credit card or other payment information to ScanScout before the expiration of any free trial period, Your account will be suspended until payment information and charge authorization are provided. You will be promptly billed and, if applicable, any trial period will terminate. Thereafter, Your subscription will renew automatically based on Your plan’s renewal cycle. The Service provides an interface for the account owner to change credit card information (e.g., upon card renewal). The account owner will receive a receipt upon each payment received, or they may obtain a receipt from within the application to be able to track the status of Your subscription.
- 7.2 Modifying Your Subscription. Regardless of Your billing cycle, there are no refunds or credits for partial months of Service, plan downgrades, or refunds for unused time. No exceptions will be made. Downgrading Your plan level may cause the loss of content, features, or capacity of Your account and ScanScout does not accept any liability for such loss.
- 7.3 Overdue Charges. If You fail to pay your subscription fee on time, or if Your credit card payment information is entered in error or does not go through for processing, your entire subscription will be downgraded to the FREE plan.
- 7.5 Taxes. Unless otherwise stated, Our charges do not include any taxes, levies, duties or similar governmental assessments, including value-added, sales, use or withholding taxes assessable by any local, state, provincial or foreign jurisdiction (collectively “Taxes”). You are responsible for paying Taxes except those assessable against ScanScout based on its income. We will invoice You for such Taxes if we believe we have a legal obligation to do so.
- 7.6 Price Changes. ScanScout reserves the right to change prices without prior notification as long as current accounts remain at the rates that were active at the time of subscription. Changes to the rates affecting existing accounts will be made only after timely notification has been sent. Such notifications will be sent via email to the email address each customer has provided during registration or the email address that is registered within the application.
8. CANCELLATION AND TERMINATION
- 8.1 You are responsible for canceling Your account, and can cancel Your account by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org and requesting we permanently cancel your account. Once You cancel Your account You will lose access to all of Your content, and We preserve the right to delete all such content in the normal course of operation. This content cannot be recovered once Your account is cancelled. If You cancel the Service before the end of Your current paid-up subscription period, Your cancellation will take effect immediately and You will not be charged again.
- 8.2 ScanXscout reserves the right to (i) modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) and (ii) refuse any/all current and future use of the Service, suspend or terminate your account or any part thereof (or Your use of the Service), and remove and discard any of Your content within the Service if We believe that You have violated these Terms. ScanScout will use all reasonable efforts to contact You directly via email to warn You prior to suspension or termination of Your account. Any suspected fraudulent, abusive, or illegal activity may be grounds for immediate termination of Your use of Service, and may be referred to law enforcement authorities. ScanScout shall not be liable to You or any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuation of the Service.
9. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
Your use of the service is at your sole risk. The service, including the site and content, and all server and network components are provided on an “as is”, “as available” and “with all faults” basis. To the fullest extent permissible by law, neither ScanScout nor any of their employees, managers, officers or agents (“ScanScout parties”) make any representations or warranties or endorsements of any kind whatsoever, express or implied, including, but not limited to: the implied warranties of merchantability, title, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. You acknowledge that ScanScout does not warrant that the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, error-free or virus-free, and no information or advice obtained by you from ScanScout or through the service shall create any warranty not expressly stated in these terms.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- 10.1 No consequential damages. Under no circumstances and under no legal theory (whether in contract, tort, negligence or otherwise) will either party to these terms, or such party’s affiliates or their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, suppliers or licensors be liable to the other party or any third party for any indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, consequential, punitive or other similar damages, including lost profits, lost sales or business, lost data, business interruption or any other loss incurred by such party in connection with these terms or the service, regardless of whether such party has been advised of the possibility of or could have foreseen such damages.
- 10.2 Limits on monetary damages. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in these terms, ScanScout ‘s (including any of its affiliates) aggregate liability, for damages (monetary or otherwise) under these terms claimed by you or any third party arising from our service, shall be limited to the lesser of (i) actual damages incurred, or (ii) payments made by you for the service during the twelve (12) months preceding the claim. The parties acknowledge and agree that the essential purpose of this section 10.2 is to allocate the risks under these terms between the parties and limit their potential liability given the fees charged under this agreement, which would have been substantially higher if ScanScout were to assume any further liability other than as set forth herein. The parties have relied on these limitations in determining whether to enter into these terms.
- 10.3 Some states do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties or limitation of liability for incidental or consequential damages, which means that some of the above limitations may not apply to you. In these states, ScanScout ‘s liability will be limited to the greatest extent permitted by law.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless ScanScout from and against any claims, actions or demands, including, without limitation, reasonable legal and professional services fees, arising or resulting from Your breach of these Terms, or Your access to, use, misuse or illegal use of the Service. ScanScout will provide You notice of any such claim, suit, or proceeding. ScanScout reserves the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter which is subject to indemnification under this section, in which case You agree to cooperate with any reasonable requests to assist ScanScout’s defense of such matter.
12. ASSIGNMENT; ENTIRE AGREEMENT; REVISIONS
ScanScout may assign or transfer these Terms, in whole or in part, without restriction, provided the assignee agree to be fully bound by these Terms. These Terms supersede prior versions of these Terms, or any other discussions, agreements or understandings by or among the parties (other than written agreements expressly accepted and executed by both parties). We may amend these Terms from time to time, in which case the new Terms will supersede prior versions.
The failure of ScanScout to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of the terms is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision, and to construe such provision to the maximum extent permitted by law so as to render that provision valid and enforceable, and the other provisions of the terms remain in full force and effect. You and ScanScout agree that any cause of action arising out of or related to the site or services must commence within one (1) year after the cause of action accrues, otherwise, such cause of action is permanently barred.
14. EXPORT COMPLIANCE AND USE RESTRICTIONS
Certain Content and software components of the Service may be subject to U.S. export control and economic sanctions laws. If You are subject to U.S. laws, You agree to comply with all such laws and regulations as they relate to such software and Content, and access and use of the Service. You shall not access or use the Service if you are located in Burma (Republic of the Union of Myanmar), Cuba, Iran, Libya, North Korea, Sudan, or Syria (the “Prohibited Jurisdictions”), and You shall also not provide access to the Service to any government, entity or individual located in the Prohibited Jurisdictions.
15. RELATIONSHIP OF THE PARTIES
The parties are independent contractors. These Terms do not create a partnership, franchise, joint venture, agency, fiduciary or employment relationship among the parties.
Sections 3 (General Conditions/Access and Use of the Service), 5 (Intellectual Property Rights), 7 (Billing, Plan Modifications and Payments), 8 Cancellation and Termination), 9 (Disclaimer of Warranties), 10 (Limitation of Liability), 11 (Indemnification), 12 (Assignment; Entire Agreement; Revisions), 13 (Severability), 14 (Export Compliance and Use Restrictions), 15 (Relationship of the Parties) and 17 (Governing Law) will survive any termination of these Terms.
17. GOVERNING LAW
These Terms shall be governed by the laws of the State of Virginia without regard to conflict of laws principles. You hereby expressly agree to submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction of the federal and state courts of the State of Virginia , for the purpose of resolving any dispute relating to Your access to or use of the Service.
18. LOCATION OF SERVICE AND TERRITORIAL RESTRICTIONS
The information provided within the Service is not intended for distribution to or use by any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation or which would subject ScanScout to any registration requirement within such jurisdiction or country. We reserve the right to limit the availability of the Service or any portion of the Service, to any person, geographic area, or jurisdiction, at any time and in our sole discretion, and to limit the service or other features provided by ScanScout. ScanScout controls and operates the Service and Website from its offices located in the United States and makes no representations or warranties that the information, products or services contained on the Site are appropriate for use or access in other locations. Anyone using or accessing a Site from other locations does so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with United States’, and local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content, if and to the extent such local laws are applicable. We reserve the right to limit the availability of our Site or any portion of our Site to any person, geographic area, or jurisdiction, at any time and in our sole discretion, and to limit the quantities of any such content, program, product, service or other feature that we provide.
- 18.1 Recognizing the global nature of the Internet, you agree to comply with all your local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable Content. Specifically, you agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States or the country in which you reside.
19. FEDERAL GOVERNMENT END USE PROVISIONS
If you are a U.S. federal government end user, this Service is a “Commercial Item” as that term is defined at 48 C.F.R. §2.101, consisting of “Commercial Computer Software” and “Commercial Computer Software Documentation”, as those terms are used in 48 C.F.R. §12.212 or 48 C.F.R. §227.7202. Consistent with 48 C.F.R. §12.212 or 48 C.F.R. §227.7202-1 through 227.7202-4, as applicable, this Service is licensed to you with only those rights as provided under the terms and conditions of these Terms.